-   -   How can I save a file as a comma-delimited text file in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24666-how-can-i-save-file-comma-delimited-text-file-excel.html)

LAM

How can I save a file as a comma-delimited text file in Excel?

I am pulling in a comma, delimited text file to Excel, and then generating a
new column of information. I want to save it back to a comma, delimited text
file, but I don't see this option when I select to Save As...
Is there a way to do this? I am currently running Excel 2002.
Thanks,

Fred Smif

I also have Excel 2002 and there are three options under "Save As..." to
save as "CSV", comma delimited text file (one option for 'Windows', DOS and
Macintosh). Try scrolling further down the list. If these options are not
available then perhaps these options depend on options selected during the
software installation and you may have to install a fuller feature set.