-   -   How to set up: If cell X =1, value is A, if cell X =2, value is B (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246641-how-set-up-if-cell-x-%3D1-value-if-cell-x-%3D2-value-b.html)

snowsaw

How to set up: If cell X =1, value is A, if cell X =2, value is B

Cell A1 could have one of 12 values. Each of those values is associated with
one of 12 values listed in Column D. How do I get Cell A1 to know which value
to pick out of Column D?

T. Valko

How to set up: If cell X =1, value is A, if cell X =2, value is B

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"snowsaw" wrote in message
Cell A1 could have one of 12 values. Each of those values is associated
with
one of 12 values listed in Column D. How do I get Cell A1 to know which
value
to pick out of Column D?

BSc Chem Eng Rick

How to set up: If cell X =1, value is A, if cell X =2, value is B

How do the values in column D correspond to those entered in column A? Can
you give an example?