-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24661-excel.html)

Kelly

Excel

I am trying to hide rows in a sreadsheet. I have 150 stores running from A3
to A153. When they call in for an order I either put the quantities in H, I,
J or K. How can i set up a button to hide all rows that do not have data in
H, I, J or K?

Duke Carey

If K is your last column, put this formula in cell L3 and copy it down

=COUNTIF(H3:K3,"")=4

Then filter on column L = True

Beware that it will show false if there are any cells containing only spaces

"Kelly" wrote:

I am trying to hide rows in a sreadsheet. I have 150 stores running from A3
to A153. When they call in for an order I either put the quantities in H, I,
J or K. How can i set up a button to hide all rows that do not have data in
H, I, J or K?

bj

select everything
record a macro

<data<filter<autofilter
in H,I,J and K select "non blank" at the bottom of the list
stop recording.
make a figure or button and right click on it assign macro with the macro
name you just generated.

to show everything again go to <data<filter and select <autofilte again