-   -   formatting the difference between two cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246557-formatting-difference-between-two-cells.html)

Hollywood003

formatting the difference between two cells

I have two cells with two different numbers and I am trying to have Excel
format the difference between the cells.

BSc Chem Eng Rick

formatting the difference between two cells

What do you mean by format the difference? Please elaborate.
--
If this helps, please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<<<

"Hollywood003" wrote:

I have two cells with two different numbers and I am trying to have Excel
format the difference between the cells.

David Biddulph[_2_]

formatting the difference between two cells

In Excel the symbol for minus is the minus sign (-), so the difference
between A1 and B1 is =B1-A1.
If you want only the magnitude of the difference, use =ABS(B1-A1)
--
David Biddulph