-   -   Add Same in each cell in column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246403-add-same-each-cell-column.html)

S1L1Y1

Add Same in each cell in column

I am trying to add the same words to the beginning of each cell in a column
like for example the following ""abc.com/catalog/" to the beginning of the
cell.
Sol

Gary''s Student

Add Same in each cell in column

Say we have data in column A from A1 thru A100. Say the data is text and not
formulas. In B1 enter:

="abc.com/catalog/" & A1 and copy down

then copy column B and paste/special/values back onto column A
then clear column B

If column A contains formulas, the approach is much simplier. Using
Find/Replace, replace:
=
with
="abc.com/catalog/" &