-   -   How to mouse function to highlight the current cell your using. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246400-how-mouse-function-highlight-current-cell-your-using.html)

Robert. . .

How to mouse function to highlight the current cell your using.

Within Microsoft office 2003, there is a feature available that is:
where I placed the mouse that cell, area or field would be highlighted.
Does Microsoft office 2007 have that feature available?
If so how do I activate & use it?

Pete_UK

How to mouse function to highlight the current cell your using.

Do you mean that when you select a range of cells like A1:C3 they do
not appear with a different coloured background?

Pete

On Oct 23, 4:18*pm, Robert. . . <Robert. . .
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
Within Microsoft office 2003, there is a feature available that is:
where I placed the mouse that cell, area or field would be highlighted.
Does Microsoft office 2007 have that feature available?
If so how do I activate & use it?

Gord Dibben

How to mouse function to highlight the current cell your using.

Excel 2003 has no such built-in feature.

Maybe an add-in like Chip Pearson's RowLiner.xla

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Or maybe you simply mean the color is too faint to see the selection
properly?

That is a new "feature" of Excel 2007..........poor contrast.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:18:02 -0700, Robert. . . <Robert. . .