-   -   Copy specific cell using multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246358-copy-specific-cell-using-multiple-criteria.html)

Lise

Copy specific cell using multiple criteria

Hi

I have 8 columns with various information I'm trying to get the following:

search if the name in A1 is anywhere in column F2:F700 (and say it is in
F600) I then want to copy the corresponding info in e600 into B1.

Hope that makes sense

All help as always appreciated

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Copy specific cell using multiple criteria

Check your previous post..In B1..

=INDEX(E2:E720,MATCH(A1,F2:F720,0))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Lise" wrote:

Hi

I have 8 columns with various information I'm trying to get the following:

search if the name in A1 is anywhere in column F2:F700 (and say it is in
F600) I then want to copy the corresponding info in e600 into B1.

Hope that makes sense

All help as always appreciated

Thanks

Lise

Copy specific cell using multiple criteria

Fabulous Jacob - thanks so much

--
Thanks

Lise