-   -   Colors too dark.... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246239-colors-too-dark.html)

BiT212

Colors too dark....

I inherited a spreadsheet which is using dense, bright primary colors to
highlight cells. This is sucking my printer dry and causing headaches to
read. The author must never have printed & have a really lousy monitor.

Is there anyway to highlight the entire spreadsheet & change the
transparency or brightness or something?

--
BiT212

Bob I

Colors too dark....

No.

BiT212 wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet which is using dense, bright primary colors to
highlight cells. This is sucking my printer dry and causing headaches to
read. The author must never have printed & have a really lousy monitor.

Is there anyway to highlight the entire spreadsheet & change the
transparency or brightness or something?

BiT212

Colors too dark....

I found the "How to Modify Color Palettte" he

but it's for "...what colors will be seen in previous versions"... so if I
find someone using 2003, maybe that would do it?

--
BiT212

"Bob I" wrote:

No.

BiT212 wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet which is using dense, bright primary colors to
highlight cells. This is sucking my printer dry and causing headaches to
read. The author must never have printed & have a really lousy monitor.

Is there anyway to highlight the entire spreadsheet & change the
transparency or brightness or something?

.

Bob I

Colors too dark....

That won't change the color of what is on the sheet you have.

BiT212 wrote:

I found the "How to Modify Color Palettte" he

but it's for "...what colors will be seen in previous versions"... so if I
find someone using 2003, maybe that would do it?

BiT212

Colors too dark....

Oh. It's for the next sheet I create...? (Darn it, darn it, darn it....!)
--
BiT212

BiT212 wrote:

I found the "How to Modify Color Palettte" he

but it's for "...what colors will be seen in previous versions"... so if I
find someone using 2003, maybe that would do it?

.

Bob I

Colors too dark....

You could adjust/set the colors and re-apply to groups of cells you
select, but it isn't going to work by selecting the whole sheet.