-   -   Macro warning despite no macros in document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246164-macro-warning-despite-no-macros-document.html)

Stuart

Macro warning despite no macros in document

Hi all, I've developed a survey in Excel. Originally I was trying to use
macros but then I discovered that Data Validation could do all I needed, in a
much simpler way. The problem is, even though I've deleted the macros (I go
to Tools/Macros and delete them), I still get a warning message when I open
the file. Does Excel somehow 'remember' that there used to be macros in the
document? How do I stop this annoying message coming up? I want to email the
survey out to people, and don't want to concern them with an unnecessary
macro warning message.

Thanks very much,
stuart

Don Guillett

Macro warning despite no macros in document

You probably did not REMOVE the module which, even if empty, will give the
warning

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel