Old August 10th 17, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you lock the column width?

Just in case anyone is still having issues...I just tried it in Excel 2013 and it works:

I selected the entire print area to start. Then I Right clickProtection tabuncheck 'Locked.
With the selection still highlighted...Click on REVIEW tabProtect sheet. From the list allow everything except 'format columns'
--Hit OK (If you need you can assign a password..)

Old September 26th 17, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 11:18:03 AM UTC-6, Nightshade wrote:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

****s

--
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual

Old December 5th 17, 06:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 12:18:03 PM UTC-5, Nightshade wrote:
I would like to lock the column width, but still allow data to be entered in
the column. Is this possible?

I tried this however if I get the column widths locked, I cannot type into any of the cells. I have Windows 2010.