-   -   INDEX MATCH but need to change return Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/246043-index-match-but-need-change-return-values.html)

Sam

INDEX MATCH but need to change return Values

Hi everyone,

Here is my drama. I am using an index & match and everything works fine. The
value that it is returning is correct but it is in the wrong format. It is a
date but displayed as 20090410 (yyyymmdd). I need it to return 10/04/2009
(dd/mm/yyyy).

Any ideas?

cheers

Sam

Jacob Skaria

INDEX MATCH but need to change return Values

If the return value is a text string you can try the below...and format the
formula cell to a date format of your choice

=DATE(left(formula,4),mid(formula,5,2),right(formu la,2))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"sam" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Here is my drama. I am using an index & match and everything works fine. The
value that it is returning is correct but it is in the wrong format. It is a
date but displayed as 20090410 (yyyymmdd). I need it to return 10/04/2009
(dd/mm/yyyy).

Any ideas?

cheers

Sam

T. Valko

INDEX MATCH but need to change return Values

Try this:

=--TEXT(your index formula here,"0000\/00\/00")

Format as Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP