-   -   Separating an email address embedded in a "mail to:" hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24602-separating-email-address-embedded-%22mail-%22-hyperlink.html)

littleellisdude

Separating an email address embedded in a "mail to:" hyperlink

How can I separate (extract) ALL of the email addresses from a column of
MULTIPLE "email data hyperlinks" when they are all embedded in a "mail to:"
hyperlink? There is only one per row, but about 2000 in the total column.
Doing them one at a time will take a year to extract :o(
Thank you!!!
Example:
clicking on John Doe in a column opens Outlook "mail to:" to the persons
real email address.

Ron de Bruin

Hi

Try this with the hyperlinks in column A

Sub test3()
Dim hlnk As Hyperlink
For Each hlnk In Columns("A").Hyperlinks
hlnk.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Value = Mid(hlnk.Address, 8, 255)
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"littleellisdude" wrote in message
How can I separate (extract) ALL of the email addresses from a column of
MULTIPLE "email data hyperlinks" when they are all embedded in a "mail to:"
hyperlink? There is only one per row, but about 2000 in the total column.
Doing them one at a time will take a year to extract :o(
Thank you!!!
Example:
clicking on John Doe in a column opens Outlook "mail to:" to the persons
real email address.

Ron de Bruin

It will copy the email address in column B

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
Hi

Try this with the hyperlinks in column A

Sub test3()
Dim hlnk As Hyperlink
For Each hlnk In Columns("A").Hyperlinks
hlnk.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Value = Mid(hlnk.Address, 8, 255)
Next

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"littleellisdude" wrote in message
How can I separate (extract) ALL of the email addresses from a column of
MULTIPLE "email data hyperlinks" when they are all embedded in a "mail to:"
hyperlink? There is only one per row, but about 2000 in the total column.
Doing them one at a time will take a year to extract :o(
Thank you!!!
Example:
clicking on John Doe in a column opens Outlook "mail to:" to the persons
real email address.

patrick

This is ugly-but quick!-Use this formula in an mt column to add a space after
the .com or .net. It is not longer recognized as hypertext. Then do a copy,
paste special to get rid of the formula and it is now yours to do with as you
please.
=A1 & " ". If this doesn't work, repost.
Pat