-   -   xlstart file is not the same I saved (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24599-xlstart-file-not-same-i-saved.html)

sj1960

xlstart file is not the same I saved

I saved a file (large with several macros) in xlstart. When excel starts, a
file with the same name opens, but only with 3 empty worksheets and no
macros. When I open the file by hand from xlstart the original, large, file
opens. Why doesn't the file open in xlstart? What can I do?

Gord Dibben

You may have more than one XLSTART folder(most do).

The one that works for me is

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

You may have placed the file into

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart

which is not the regular default folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP