Old March 10th 16, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I stop Excel from selecting more than one cell when clicked

On Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 4:31:53 PM UTC-4, Gord Dibben wrote:
If using Excel 2007 and the F8 trick does not resolve the problem.

Change the Zoom level a few points up or down.

Especially if in Page Layout View

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:14:03 -0700, LoriDHA
wrote:

Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.

Worked for me too. I've sold the issue before with zoom, but it wasn't fixing it this time until I took it out of page view. Thanks... MS should really fix this.

Old May 16th 17, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 9:44:03 PM UTC+5:30, LoriDHA wrote:
Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.

thanks
Old September 24th 17, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks.It works in 2007.
Old April 8th 19, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 12:24:04 PM UTC-4, Ms-Exl-Learner wrote:
Just press F8, It will be resolved. Unknowingly you might have pressed F8
and due to that the cursor put into Extention mode. If you press the F8
again it will be switched off OR you can use Esc also to get out of that.

If this post helps, Click Yes!
(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"LoriDHA" wrote:

Everytime I choose one cell it selects a block of cells and I don't know why.

This helped!! thanks