-   -   Macro: "Reference not valid" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245940-macro-reference-not-valid.html)

Mason C

Macro: "Reference not valid"

I have two macros that I cannot use, edit, or delete.

Excel ver. 7 for Windows 95 : Tools - Macro dialog box

One macro recently created, of the 3 in that box, works fine.

How can I delete the bad ones? I suspect them of causing trouble.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mason C

Macro: "Reference not valid"

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:32:08 -0700, Mason C
wrote:

I have two macros that I cannot use, edit, or delete.

Excel ver. 7 for Windows 95 : Tools - Macro dialog box

One macro recently created, of the 3 in that box, works fine.

How can I delete the bad ones? I suspect them of causing trouble.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I solved my "reference not valid" problems by copying all seven sheets (using
upper left button to highlight the entire sheet ) from the troubled workbook to
a new workbook. The lost macros did not copy. It took a little work to erase
the old workbook filename from the chart data series references. And recreate
the macro I *did* want. All's clear now, thanks.