-   -   Macro-find and sum (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245819-macro-find-sum.html)

puiuluipui

Macro-find and sum

Hi, i need a macro to look in column "L" and find last cell that contain the
word "total" and to sum all cells below.
Can this be done?
Thanks allot!

Per Jessen[_2_]

Macro-find and sum

Hi

Look at this:

Sub Macro4()

Dim TotalCell As Range
Set TotalCell = Columns("L:L").Find(What:="Total", After:=Range("L1"),
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
MatchCase:=False)
MySum = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range(TotalCell.Offset(1, 9),
TotalCell.End(xlDown)))
msg = MsgBox("MySum = " & MySum)

Per

On 18 Okt., 16:11, puiuluipui
wrote:
Hi, i need a macro to look in column "L" and find last cell that contain the
word "total" and to sum all cells below.
Can this be done?
Thanks allot!

Don Guillett

Macro-find and sum

Do you ever bother to go back and look at your PREVIOUS posts BEFORE posting
again?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"puiuluipui" wrote in message
Hi, i need a macro to look in column "L" and find last cell that contain
the
word "total" and to sum all cells below.
Can this be done?
Thanks allot!

Per Jessen

Macro-find and sum

Hi Don,

I do not think OP see the replys to previous posts.

None of the replys I sent today and some days ago through my newsreader and
Google groups are not visible if you access the newsgroups via
https://www.microsoft.com/office/community. Something is obviously not
working.

--
Per

"Don Guillett" skrev i meddelelsen
Do you ever bother to go back and look at your PREVIOUS posts BEFORE
posting again?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"puiuluipui" wrote in message
Hi, i need a macro to look in column "L" and find last cell that contain
the
word "total" and to sum all cells below.
Can this be done?
Thanks allot!

Don Guillett

Macro-find and sum

I have always used msnews.com.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Per Jessen" wrote in message
[...]

JLatham

Macro-find and sum

You did get a response to this somewhere, right? I see in this post
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...b-61f1d9e636dc
that you've got code to do this now?