-   -   Can't save Excel using Save button, (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24580-cant-save-excel-using-save-button.html)

hainstol

Can't save Excel using Save button,

When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla
could not be found. Check spelling of file name and verify that the file
location is correct." I have never named any of files by that name and don't
know what it refers to. I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand
corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the
save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel
document

Dave Peterson

This may help...
xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed

--

Dave Peterson