-   -   Permanently remove categories from Category list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245717-permanently-remove-categories-category-list.html)

RB

Permanently remove categories from Category list

In 2003, you there was a Category Master where you could permanently remove a
Category you no longer wanted to use. I cannot find the equivalent in Office
2007.
I have a long list of categories and want to permanently delete some of
them. The "all categories" only allows you to remove (delete) a categroy from
a message or group of messages. It does not delete the Category/remove it
from the list
How do I permanently remove Categories from the list of Categories?
Thanks,
Robert

Ron@Buy

Permanently remove categories from Category list

Is this the correct community for this question?
It looks like an Outlook problem

"rb" wrote:

In 2003, you there was a Category Master where you could permanently remove a
Category you no longer wanted to use. I cannot find the equivalent in Office
2007.
I have a long list of categories and want to permanently delete some of
them. The "all categories" only allows you to remove (delete) a categroy from
a message or group of messages. It does not delete the Category/remove it
from the list
How do I permanently remove Categories from the list of Categories?
Thanks,
Robert

Gary Brown[_5_]

Permanently remove categories from Category list

Is 'Category Master' a custom Add-In you have?
The only 'Category' items in native Excel (that I know of) is the Category
Axis in a chart.
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"rb" wrote:

In 2003, you there was a Category Master where you could permanently remove a
Category you no longer wanted to use. I cannot find the equivalent in Office
2007.
I have a long list of categories and want to permanently delete some of
them. The "all categories" only allows you to remove (delete) a categroy from
a message or group of messages. It does not delete the Category/remove it
from the list
How do I permanently remove Categories from the list of Categories?
Thanks,
Robert

Gord Dibben

Permanently remove categories from Category list

Please explain how and where you access this "Category Master" for deleting
a Category.

I have never heard of this feature/function in Excel.

What does it have to do with a message or group of messages?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP