-   -   Making a field value append a hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245273-making-field-value-append-hyperlink.html)

68jcode

Making a field value append a hyperlink

I have a field called "Case#" used to capture a number that represents a
support case number. Simple enough. I would like to have this field
hyperlinked to a URL string and append the value of the cell contents in
order to link directly to the support case that the number represents. For
example:

Cell A1=6895
The URL string is: https://www.support.acme.com/support...tail.php?call=
I want the case number field to auto hyperlink to:
https://www.support.sepaton.com/supp....php?call=6895

So the value in the case# cell is appended to the URL automatically. Is
this possible without writing code?

Pete_UK

Making a field value append a hyperlink

Try this in B1:

=HYPERLINK("https://www.support.acme.com/support/callDetail.php?
call="&A1,"jump")

The word jump will appear as a hyperlink in B1 - click on it to take
your there.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 12, 10:02*pm, 68jcode
wrote:
I have a field called "Case#" used to capture a number that represents a
support case number. *Simple enough. *I would like to have this field
hyperlinked to a URL string and append the value of the cell contents in
order to link directly to the support case that the number represents. *For
example:

Cell A1=6895
The URL string is:https://www.support.acme.com/support...tail.php?call=
I want the case number field to auto hyperlink to:https://www.support.sepaton.com/supp....php?call=6895

So the value in the case# cell is appended to the URL automatically. *Is
this possible without writing code? *

68jcode

Making a field value append a hyperlink

Yup, that worked great, thx!

wrote:
I have a field called "Case#" used to capture a number that represents a
support case number. Simple enough. I would like to have this field
hyperlinked to a URL string and append the value of the cell contents in
order to link directly to the support case that the number represents. For
example:

Cell A1=6895
The URL string is:https://www.support.acme.com/support...tail.php?call=
I want the case number field to auto hyperlink to:https://www.support.sepaton.com/supp....php?call=6895

So the value in the case# cell is appended to the URL automatically. Is
this possible without writing code?

Pete_UK

Making a field value append a hyperlink

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Oct 13, 2:18*am, 68jcode wrote:
Yup, that worked great, thx!

wrote:
I have a field called "Case#" used to capture a number that represents a
support case number. *Simple enough. *I would like to have this field
hyperlinked to a URL string and append the value of the cell contents in
order to link directly to the support case that the number represents.. *For
example:

Cell A1=6895
The URL string is:https://www.support.acme.com/support...tail.php?call=
I want the case number field to auto hyperlink to:https://www.support..sepaton.com/sup....php?call=6895

So the value in the case# cell is appended to the URL automatically. *Is
this possible without writing code? *- Hide quoted text -