-   -   MROUND time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245195-mround-time.html)

Colin

MROUND time

I am using the formula MROUND to get a time hh:mm:ss to the nearest 30seconds.

Cell T2 shows 00:11:24 and U2 shows 30.

I have fomated cell T2 and the cell I want the answer in as hh:mm:ss.

However the answer cell shows 11:30:00. this seems to be taking the MM and
showing as HH and ss as MM.

=TIME(MINUTE(T3),MROUND(SECOND(T3),U3),0) is the formula and the cell is
formatted hh:mm:ss

Can anyone help me to rectify this?

Dave Peterson

MROUND time

I used this formula:
=MROUND(T2,TIME(0,0,30))
and saw:
00:11:30
And if I had that 30 in U2, then this worked:
=MROUND(T2,TIME(0,0,U2))

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson