-   -   How do I change the headings from A1 A2 etc to show my headings? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245076-how-do-i-change-headings-a1-a2-etc-show-my-headings.html)

JaneyMae1

How do I change the headings from A1 A2 etc to show my headings?

I have always been frustrated with this not being able to customize my
spreadsheets. Does anyone know how to find the place to go to change the
headings for the columns so that I can specify what is in the columns instead
of a1 a2 a3? I would rather it say "Date, Check# , description, amount,
credit, balance".

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

How do I change the headings from A1 A2 etc to show my headings?

You can simply select to not display the column letters (Tools - Options),
then enter your headers in row 1 as you please. HTH Otto
"JaneyMae1" wrote in message
I have always been frustrated with this not being able to customize my
spreadsheets. Does anyone know how to find the place to go to change the
headings for the columns so that I can specify what is in the columns
instead
of a1 a2 a3? I would rather it say "Date, Check# , description, amount,
credit, balance".

Luke M

How do I change the headings from A1 A2 etc to show my headings?

You can't do that *exactly*. Closest thing: Use the first row to display your
headings. Then, select row 2, and go to Window - freeze panes. Then, if you
want, you can go to tools - options, view tab, and hide the row&column
headers.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"JaneyMae1" wrote:

I have always been frustrated with this not being able to customize my
spreadsheets. Does anyone know how to find the place to go to change the
headings for the columns so that I can specify what is in the columns instead
of a1 a2 a3? I would rather it say "Date, Check# , description, amount,
credit, balance".

JaneyMae1

How do I change the headings from A1 A2 etc to show my heading

Thank you, I'm glad to know that I am not just dense! This will work...