-   -   Countif formula appearing in cell why? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245075-countif-formula-appearing-cell-why.html)

edju

Countif formula appearing in cell why?

I am trying to modify a coutif formula. It has worked up to this point. Now
when I try to add another +countif with another qualifier to it the result is
that the entire formula appears in the cell and it does not work. Can anyone
tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Countif formula appearing in cell why?

It is always a good idea to show the actual formula.

A couple of possibilities:
-The cell is formatted as Text; Format as general and then hit F2 to open
for editing then hit Enter to commit it

-Are other formulas displaying value or text? Try using CTRL+` (key on top
row next to 1) to close Display Formulas

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"edju" wrote in message
I am trying to modify a coutif formula. It has worked up to this point.
Now
when I try to add another +countif with another qualifier to it the result
is
that the entire formula appears in the cell and it does not work. Can
anyone
tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

Luke M

Countif formula appearing in cell why?

First, make sure the cell is not formatted as text. If so, change it to
something else, then retry entering the formula.

Next, make sure you are not in formula display mode by pressing Ctrl+` (the
symbol usually to the left of the 1 key)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"edju" wrote:

I am trying to modify a coutif formula. It has worked up to this point. Now
when I try to add another +countif with another qualifier to it the result is
that the entire formula appears in the cell and it does not work. Can anyone
tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

edju

Countif formula appearing in cell why?

Thanks, switching the cell from "text" to "general" made it work.