-   -   Using drop down lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245067-using-drop-down-lists.html)

supercalifragilisticexpialidosiuos

Using drop down lists

I have a drop down list of recipes. How can I set up the drop down list so
that when a recipe is selected, all the ingredents are listed in a separate
sheet?

Don Guillett

Using drop down lists

Tie it to a macro that does that. Possibly thru a worksheet_change event

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"supercalifragilisticexpialidosiuos"
crosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I have a drop down list of recipes. How can I set up the drop down list so
that when a recipe is selected, all the ingredents are listed in a
separate
sheet?

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Using drop down lists

We would need to know more about the worksheets.
Hopefully you have something like:
Recipe_name, ingredient _1, ingredient-2, etc
The you could use a simple VLOOKUP on the new sheet to extract the list
Send me file if you wish (but my magic umbrella is leaking)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP