-   -   Extracting partial information from a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244890-extracting-partial-information-cell.html)

Jode

Extracting partial information from a cell

I have a speadsheet and one of the cells has the date and time. I want to
know can you pull the time part of this cell and imput into another cell???

T. Valko

Extracting partial information from a cell

One way:

=MOD(A1,1)

Format as Time

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jode" wrote in message
I have a speadsheet and one of the cells has the date and time. I want to
know can you pull the time part of this cell and imput into another
cell???

Fred Smith[_4_]

Extracting partial information from a cell

If you have a true Excel date/time, you can separate them with:
date: =int(a1)
time: =mod(a1,1)

Change a1 to your actual cell address.

If this doesn't work for you, then you don't have a date/time, you have
text. Show us examples of what you have, and how you want it "pulled apart".
Be sure to identify how you want the result stored (eg, date, time, text)

Regards,
Fred