-   -   How copy none excel data & paste in 2007 without overwriting data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244873-how-copy-none-excel-data-paste-2007-without-overwriting-data.html)

Wakefootin

How copy none excel data & paste in 2007 without overwriting data

When I copy a table from a website and paste in Excel 2007 it does not move
the rows down and over writes the data. Is there a way to get it to add the
needed row, some setting I can change?

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

How copy none excel data & paste in 2007 without overwriting data

Not that I know of. Excel is not a word processor. Insert a number of
blank rows before you paste. HTH Otto
"Wakefootin" wrote in message
When I copy a table from a website and paste in Excel 2007 it does not
move
the rows down and over writes the data. Is there a way to get it to add
the
needed row, some setting I can change?

Gord Dibben

How copy none excel data & paste in 2007 without overwriting data

To OP

Roundabout but paste the table to an unused portion of the sheet.

Then copy that and select where to paste to and right-clickInsert Copied
CellsShift Cells Down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP