-   -   Trying to get a User Form to activate off a drop down menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244320-trying-get-user-form-activate-off-drop-down-menu.html)

Rcarper

Trying to get a User Form to activate off a drop down menu

Hello,

I'm working on a sheet that will have a drop down menu with three options.
Each option is expected to open a respective user form that has secondary
options within it. Is this possible? How do I do this?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Dave Peterson

Trying to get a User Form to activate off a drop down menu

How did you create the dropdown?

Did you use Data|validation?
Did you use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar?
Did you use a dropdown from the Forms toolbar?

What is the string for option 1? What is the name of the userform?
What is the string for option 2? What is the name of the userform?
What is the string for option 3? What is the name of the userform?

--

Dave Peterson

Rcarper

Trying to get a User Form to activate off a drop down menu

Thank you for the questions

1.) I think I'd use Data Validation by using a list and assigning to cells.
2.) No
3.) I think so. Used the Drop down straight from Excel

4.) I think you mean the name...But its Class E2 User form might be named
the same. Sorry I don't program well.
5.) Its Class 1
6.) Its Class 2