-   -   Data in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244319-data-cells.html)

Creighton

Data in cells

I got a math quiz correct and the answer was the password to an Excel
spreadsheet. I input my name and City/State. I saved the file. When I
reopened it,my input(name) did not appear among the others. It was a read
only , but I called a friend who had Excel. Still no luck.

Sean Timmons

Data in cells

Then try again...Make sure you save the file when done...

"Creighton" wrote:

I got a math quiz correct and the answer was the password to an Excel
spreadsheet. I input my name and City/State. I saved the file. When I
reopened it,my input(name) did not appear among the others. It was a read
only , but I called a friend who had Excel. Still no luck.

Gord Dibben

Data in cells

Other than you won a prize and have at least one friend, not much in your
post makes sense.

Where did you put your name and City/State?

Which "others" are you referring to?

When was it read only?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP