-   -   how to force excel not to change date? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244201-how-force-excel-not-change-date.html)

tgi

how to force excel not to change date?

I want the cell to have 3-4 but it keeps changing it to 4-Mar.

Dave Peterson

how to force excel not to change date?

You could either:
Preformat the cell as text (format|cells|number tab|Text), then do the data
entry.

Or you could prefix your entry with an apostrophe:
'3-4

--

Dave Peterson

KC

how to force excel not to change date?

first try to change the format of the cell to TEXT and then enter the value.

-kc
*Click YES if this helps