-   -   Linking cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/244161-linking-cells.html)

Shannan

Linking cells

Hi,
Column BD in my spreadsheet has a list of names and i would like to link
this column to column A so that they both show the same list of names.
However, if there is no name entered in column BD, i would like column A to
remain blank. I've tried doing "paste special" and clicking on "paste link"
but that puts a zero in column A if there is nothing entered into column BD.

CM

Linking cells

copy this formula down in A1:

=if(isblank(bd1)=true,"",bd1)

"Shannan" wrote:

Hi,
Column BD in my spreadsheet has a list of names and i would like to link
this column to column A so that they both show the same list of names.
However, if there is no name entered in column BD, i would like column A to
remain blank. I've tried doing "paste special" and clicking on "paste link"
but that puts a zero in column A if there is nothing entered into column BD.

FSt1

Linking cells

hi
another way.