-   -   XLSM File Will Not Save Macros in Quick Access Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243891-xlsm-file-will-not-save-macros-quick-access-toolbar.html)

Louis Pace

XLSM File Will Not Save Macros in Quick Access Toolbar

I have a workbook with several macros to automate repetitive tasks. The tasks
are so repetitive that I added the macros to the Quick Access Toolbar. I
added the buttons "for this workbook only", because I don't need them in
every workbook (and they aren't available in any other workbooks). I save the
file, close it, and re-open it. I then see that the "this workbook only" part
of the QAT is completely gone.

I assume this is a bug, because if it were by design, then there would be no
point in allowing macros to be added to the toolbar. Also, I have added
macros to QATs on other computers. The problem seems limited to my computer.
The problem is NOT limited to one workbook; I can reproduce the issue at will
with any XLSM file.

Many internet searches have yielded no help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Ron de Bruin

XLSM File Will Not Save Macros in Quick Access Toolbar

Hi Louis Pace

See this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qatbuttonbug.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Louis Pace" <Louis wrote in message ...
I have a workbook with several macros to automate repetitive tasks. The tasks
are so repetitive that I added the macros to the Quick Access Toolbar. I
added the buttons "for this workbook only", because I don't need them in
every workbook (and they aren't available in any other workbooks). I save the
file, close it, and re-open it. I then see that the "this workbook only" part
of the QAT is completely gone.

I assume this is a bug, because if it were by design, then there would be no
point in allowing macros to be added to the toolbar. Also, I have added
macros to QATs on other computers. The problem seems limited to my computer.
The problem is NOT limited to one workbook; I can reproduce the issue at will
with any XLSM file.

Many internet searches have yielded no help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Louis Pace[_2_]

XLSM File Will Not Save Macros in Quick Access Toolbar

Ah ha! Success! The buttons I added were in the XML file. They were just not
appearing on the QAT. I followed your instructions, and they reappeared. I
learned by experimenting that I can modify existing buttons, but if I add any
new buttons, then I lose the entire "this workbook" section of the QAT until
I re-edit the XML file. Hopefully this bug will be addressed by Microsoft
soon, but meanwhile, your workaround is easy and effective.

Thank you very much!

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

You must save it as a add-in to avoid this in 2007
See this page for a example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm

In 2010 we not have this problem anymore

Maybe you like this for 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I have bookmarked your site for future
reference. I use Excel a lot personally and professionally, and your site
offers many useful tips and tricks! Thanks again! :)