-   -   Eliminate Duplicate Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243779-eliminate-duplicate-row.html)

Chip

Eliminate Duplicate Row

I have a worksheet with approx 4,000 rows. Some of the items in Column A are
duplicates. How do I delete an entire Row if there is a duplicate of the
item in Column A ?? Thanks..

Don Guillett

Eliminate Duplicate Row

Sortuse a loop macro from the bottom up asking if cell +1<cell then
row.delete

for i=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1
if cells(i+1,1)<cells(i,1)then rows(i+1).delete
next i

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel