-   -   Columns are Numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243776-columns-numbers.html)

kristinm

Columns are Numbers

I have an excel sheet that is listing the Columns as Numbers. How do I
switch this to being letters so the cells are listed as I35 rather than R35C9

Sean Timmons

Columns are Numbers

Go to Tools Options General tab uncheck R1C1 reference style

"kristinm" wrote:

I have an excel sheet that is listing the Columns as Numbers. How do I
switch this to being letters so the cells are listed as I35 rather than R35C9

Dave Peterson

Columns are Numbers

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|Options|General tab|Uncheck R1C1 Reference style.

Excel picks up this setting from the first workbook you open in that session.

If you have a co-worker who likes R1C1 Reference Style and you're unlucky enough
to open a workbook that he saved as the first workbook in that session, you'll
be making the same change again.

--

Dave Peterson

kristinm

Columns are Numbers

Thank you.

"kristinm" wrote:

I have an excel sheet that is listing the Columns as Numbers. How do I
switch this to being letters so the cells are listed as I35 rather than R35C9

kristinm

Columns are Numbers

Thank you. Life is good again.

In xl2003 menus:

kristinm wrote:

I have an excel sheet that is listing the Columns as Numbers. How do I
switch this to being letters so the cells are listed as I35 rather than R35C9

--

Dave Peterson

Sean Timmons

Columns are Numbers