-   -   Vlookup help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243711-vlookup-help.html)

Confusicous

Vlookup help

Scenario:

Column A (Starting at A14) = Dates
Column B (Starting at B14) = Stock Prices
Column C (Starting at C14) = (This is where I need my Vlookup help)

Column O (Starting at O9) = Dates (there are only 5 days of sale and
purchase.)
Column P (Starting at P9) = Shares purchased/sold

I need help figuring out the Vlookup formula that will find my dates and
multiply the information in column P by Column B to get the amount. Also
since I don't want "N/A" to show up on the blank dates, if you could show me
a nested if statement that would make the N/A's a zero...I would appreciate
it. Please let me know if I need to explain more.

=VLOOKUP(A14,O$9:P$13,2,FALSE)

This is the Vlookup I had but it isn't multiply in the shares and the price...

Thanks in advance

Jacob Skaria

Vlookup help

Try the below formula

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A14,O$9:P$13,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A14 ,O$9:P$13,2,0)*B14)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Confusicous" wrote:

[...]

That worked perfectly... Thanks for the help! It is much appreicated.