-   -   Auto Filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243591-auto-filter.html)

Dave

Auto Filter

Hi

Is there anyway of removing the auto filter from certain columns. I only
want it on the first two and want to be able to remove or hide the button
from the rest?

Thanks

James

Auto Filter

If you just highlight the first two columns and then check the auto filter
that should do the trick. It doesn't work with multiple selections ie columns
that are not side by side.

"Dave" wrote:

Hi

Is there anyway of removing the auto filter from certain columns. I only
want it on the first two and want to be able to remove or hide the button
from the rest?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

Auto Filter

You can only apply the autofilter to a contiguous range. But you can use code
to remove the dropdown arrows from the columns where you don't want them.

See Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Hide

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

--

Dave Peterson

Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com

Auto Filter

Highlight to the 2 column headers, and while you hold down the alt key press
d,f,f.