-   -   Limit the size of a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243353-limit-size-cell.html)

Joël

Limit the size of a cell

I work with Excel 2003
How can I limit the width of a cell to - for example - 15 chars ?
I mean, anything larger than 15 chars won't be accepted
Thanks for help
Joël

Luke M

Limit the size of a cell

Under Data, Validation, you can set a maximum allowed text length.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Joël" wrote:

I work with Excel 2003
How can I limit the width of a cell to - for example - 15 chars ?
I mean, anything larger than 15 chars won't be accepted
Thanks for help
Joël

RonaldoOneNil

Limit the size of a cell

With your cell selected, click on the menu bar Data - Validation
On the settings tab, change the allow drop down to Text Length
Change the data drop down to between
Enter 0 in minimum and 15 in maximum

Set the other tabs input message and error alert as required.