-   -   Merge Icon Does not work? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/243186-merge-icon-does-not-work.html)

CWHelp

Merge Icon Does not work?

I inherited several spreadsheets and the merge cell icon is shaded and will
not allow operation. Also, cannot check or uncheck box in format cell.
I have removed sort function but not luck. The sheet is not protected? Does
anyone any idea how to reactivate the merge function?

Gord Dibben

Merge Icon Does not work?

Is the workbook shared?

If so, unshare and your merge will come alive.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP