-   -   Excel formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242954-excel-formulas.html)

helpplease

Excel formulas

How do I write a formula that will enter in the next series if it is both
letters and numbers?

For example in A1 I have J111 and I want J112 in C5.

How would I do that?

joel

Excel formulas

the easy way is to use the row number since A1 contains 111 you simply add 110

="J"&(Row()+110)

"helpplease" wrote:

How do I write a formula that will enter in the next series if it is both
letters and numbers?

For example in A1 I have J111 and I want J112 in C5.

How would I do that?

KC

Excel formulas

use this formula in C5
=CONCATENATE(LEFT(A1,1),VALUE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1))+1)

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"helpplease" wrote:

How do I write a formula that will enter in the next series if it is both
letters and numbers?

For example in A1 I have J111 and I want J112 in C5.

How would I do that?

helpplease

Excel formulas

Thanks so much KC! I have been trying to think back to my college Excel
class but that was like forever ago! You're the best!

"helpplease" wrote:

How do I write a formula that will enter in the next series if it is both
letters and numbers?

For example in A1 I have J111 and I want J112 in C5.

How would I do that?

KC

Excel formulas

you're welcome!