-   -   I cannot remember... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242948-i-cannot-remember.html)

nginear

I cannot remember...

I cannot remember how to get information from a particular cell from a sheet
to show up in another. I thought the function was something like $$Sheet1,
a16. I am making a grade sheet and i want to make individualt student sheets
to be able to print out. One of mt class sheets is DRT 1005 and the
information is in cell C12. Can anyone help me. I know I am missing
something simple...
--
Have a Blessed Day...

JLatham

I cannot remember...

='DRT 1005'!A16
or
='DRT 1005'!$A$16

Excel can do the work for you: select the starting cell where you want the
other sheet's value to show up in and type the = symbol
Then select the other sheet, and the cell in that sheet and hit the [Enter]
key
And Excel will create the formula for you.

This even works across workbooks.

"nginear" wrote:

I cannot remember how to get information from a particular cell from a sheet
to show up in another. I thought the function was something like $$Sheet1,
a16. I am making a grade sheet and i want to make individualt student sheets
to be able to print out. One of mt class sheets is DRT 1005 and the
information is in cell C12. Can anyone help me. I know I am missing
something simple...
--
Have a Blessed Day...

Mike H

I cannot remember...

Does this help?

=Sheet1!A1

Mike

"nginear" wrote:

I cannot remember how to get information from a particular cell from a sheet
to show up in another. I thought the function was something like $$Sheet1,
a16. I am making a grade sheet and i want to make individualt student sheets
to be able to print out. One of mt class sheets is DRT 1005 and the
information is in cell C12. Can anyone help me. I know I am missing
something simple...
--
Have a Blessed Day...

Dave Peterson

I cannot remember...

Maybe...

='drt 1005'!c12
or
=if('drt 1005'!c12="","",'drt 1005'!c12)

I'm not sure what you're doing, but if your data is nicely laid out in a tabular
fashion, maybe you can keep all the data on one worksheet and hide/show just
what you need using data|autofilter.

So filter to show Jimmy's rows, print, filter to show Mary's rows, print, ....