-   -   Synchronizing excel spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24294-synchronizing-excel-spreadsheets.html)

[email protected]

Synchronizing excel spreadsheets

Here's my situation.

I have client information in an excel spreadsheet. I update the
spreadsheet during the day, on the road, on a laptop. My office
manager updates the spreadsheet during the day, different computer, in
the office.

End of day, I want to synchronize updates.. is it possible?

I can connect the two machines on a network and fileshare the
folders... that isn't the issue.

Can excel solve this problem, or do I need to go in a new direction?

Thanks.. in advance

Debra Dalgleish

If you're using Excel 2003, you can use the Compare and Merge Workbooks
featu

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

[email protected]

Debra:

Thanks for that help. It might make me upgrade to Excel 2003. Any
help for Excel 2002?

Gord Dibben

Jack

Excel 2002 has the ToolsCompare and Merge Workbooks available if the workbook
is shared.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 30 Apr 2005 21:29:43 -0700, wrote:

Debra:

Thanks for that help. It might make me upgrade to Excel 2003. Any
help for Excel 2002?

[email protected]

Gord:

Thanks, I found the options... Now to test them out to make sure I know
how it works.. Appreciate all the help colleagues!

Jack