-   -   Removing unused or blank rows and columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2429-removing-unused-blank-rows-columns.html)

Mark F

Removing unused or blank rows and columns

I'm creating a worksheet and want to remove the blank rows and columns that
fall outside the used range. How is this done?

Paul B

Mark, you cannot remove them, but you can hide them, select the rows or
columns and format row or column and hide

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Mark F" wrote in message
I'm creating a worksheet and want to remove the blank rows and columns

that
fall outside the used range. How is this done?

JE McGimpsey

Can't. Each worksheet has exactly 256 columns and 65536 rows. If you
want to hide the unused columns/rows you can. For example, if you're
using A1:J50, enter

K:IV

in the name box (at the left side of the formula toolbar), press Enter
to select the columns, and choose Format/Column/Hide.

Likewise enter

51:65536

in the Name box, press Enter, and choose Format/Rows/Hide.