-   -   displaying objects (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242820-displaying-objects.html)

Soccerboy83

displaying objects

My question is this. Is it possible to display an object in Excel when you
scroll over a certain word or cell. Alot similar to that of the comments,
where you can hide or see comments, when you scroll over a specified cell. I
want to try and add pictures to my reports so that when people scroll through
the report they can see images pop up so that they can understand what i am
talking about. If this is possible can someone please help me.

Gary''s Student

displaying objects

You can place a picture in a comment. It will then appear on mouse-over.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200903

"Soccerboy83" wrote:

My question is this. Is it possible to display an object in Excel when you
scroll over a certain word or cell. Alot similar to that of the comments,
where you can hide or see comments, when you scroll over a specified cell. I
want to try and add pictures to my reports so that when people scroll through
the report they can see images pop up so that they can understand what i am
talking about. If this is possible can someone please help me.

Soccerboy83

displaying objects

For some reason i cant, i dont know if it has just been to long of a day or
what. I have tried copying a picture and pasteing it in the comment, but it
wont let me. I even tried using Control C and Control V. what are your
suggestions.

"Soccerboy83" wrote:

My question is this. Is it possible to display an object in Excel when you
scroll over a certain word or cell. Alot similar to that of the comments,
where you can hide or see comments, when you scroll over a specified cell. I
want to try and add pictures to my reports so that when people scroll through
the report they can see images pop up so that they can understand what i am
talking about. If this is possible can someone please help me.

Dave Peterson

displaying objects

Check Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture