Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open Multible Instances of Excel

Is there a way to have excel 07 to have multiple instances opened? I have
duel screens and would like to have two excel files open. Then put one file
on one screen and the other on the other screen. But because, by default,
excel open all files in one instance of excel then stacks them I can't put
one on one screen and the other on the other screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, you don't need to open multiple instances to use multiple monitors:

You may want to review Chip Pearson's notes:
http://cpearson.com/excel/MultipleMonitors.aspx

Second, you still can still open multiple instances, but it will make it harder
to communicate between them (copy|pasting formulas for example).

Just open one instance, then open the second. Try clicking on an icon (on the
desktop???) that opens excel. I like to use:
Windows start button|Run (Flying windows r is a shortcut key for this)
type:
excel
and hit enter.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:-

1. Open the 2 files that you want to have open.

2. Then:-

View / Arrange All / Vertical (for example) / OK

3. I think that the above will give you what you want.

If my comments have been helpful please hit Yes.

Thanks!