-   -   Popping out Message Box! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242643-popping-out-message-box.html)

Deepak

Popping out Message Box!

Hello Again!

Can we pop out a message box as a reminder in excel when a certain condtion
is triggered? Say A1=14-Sep-09 and B1=today(). Since, B1 has exceeded A1 so a
message box as a reminder would pop out to alert.

Thanks in advance.

Pete_UK

Popping out Message Box!

You could put something like this in C1:

=IF(B1A1,"ALERT","")

Not the same as a message box, but you get the idea - the alternative
is to have a macro to do that for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 15, 11:18*am, deepak wrote:
Hello Again!

Can we pop out a message box as a reminder in excel when a certain condtion
is triggered? Say A1=14-Sep-09 and B1=today(). Since, B1 has exceeded A1 so a
message box as a reminder would pop out to alert.

Thanks in advance.

Atishoo

Popping out Message Box!

With Worksheets("sheet1")
If .Range("B1").Value .Range("A1").Value Then
Dim Res As Long
Res = MsgBox("Reminder date has expired")
Cancel = Res < 6

End If
End With

"deepak" wrote:

Hello Again!

Can we pop out a message box as a reminder in excel when a certain condtion
is triggered? Say A1=14-Sep-09 and B1=today(). Since, B1 has exceeded A1 so a
message box as a reminder would pop out to alert.

Thanks in advance.

Deepak

Popping out Message Box!

HI Atishoo!

The COde worked out. But the problem is the message box pops out again and
again whenever there is a mouse click or TAB key is pressed. Is there a way
that the message box pops out once and after we clik on ok it doesnot pop out?

Atishoo

Popping out Message Box!

I presume you must have put the sub in as a selection change event!
Id put it in to trigger on workbook open if that is an appropriate interval!

Alternatively I think I would be tempted not to bother with the message box
and use conditional format to turn the cell red when the date is superceeded.