Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy/pasteSpecial transpose, does not work.

When you're in the Paste Special dialog, check Values as well as Transpose.
Also, are there any hidden rows or columns?

--
* Please click Yes if this was helpful *
Andy Smith

"Phil Smith" wrote:

This is very simple. I copy this:

customer_id CustType active Sales Revenue
8174 CORE WHOLESALE Y $53,678

Using paste Special/transpose I get:

100801 EAST
1245 SPIN
1585 Swim
$100,987 SURF

The really funny thing is that second coloumn comes from data in a
coloumn that I deleted BEFORE the copy, because it contained customer
names that I did not want to publish here.

Shouldn't I get:

Customer_id 8174
CustType Core Wholesale
active Y