-   -   How to change automatic color in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242436-how-change-automatic-color-excel-2003-a.html)

Hershmab

How to change automatic color in Excel 2003

My printer has run out of black ink. How can I set Excel 2003 to use another
colour wherever it would automatically use black?

Bob Phillips[_3_]

How to change automatic color in Excel 2003

You can go to ToolsOptionsColor and modify the RGB of the black color
placeholder.

But isn't it simpler to buy some more ink?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Hershmab" wrote in message
My printer has run out of black ink. How can I set Excel 2003 to use
another
colour wherever it would automatically use black?

Rick Rothstein

How to change automatic color in Excel 2003

My printer has run out of black ink. How can I set Excel 2003 to use
another
colour wherever it would automatically use black?

You can go to ToolsOptionsColor and modify the RGB of the black color
placeholder.

But isn't it simpler to buy some more ink?

LOL

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Hershmab

How to change automatic color in Excel 2003

What did Rick Rothstein actually write? All I could see was "LOL"!

"Hershmab" wrote in message
My printer has run out of black ink. How can I set Excel 2003 to use
another
colour wherever it would automatically use black?

The answer, in theory, is "Yes". But the ink ran out when I had an urgent
job to do and the shops in this part of Ireland will not open till Monday
morning!

I tried your idea, modified the RGB of the black, but it made no difference
to the automatic colour.

Gord Dibben

How to change automatic color in Excel 2003

You still need black ink to produce color.

Black is part of the mix.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP