-   -   Help, trying to find out if i have excel on my laptop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242296-help-trying-find-out-if-i-have-excel-my-laptop.html)

sma3inc

Help, trying to find out if i have excel on my laptop

i do not find an icon for excel on my laptop. i am running vista home
premium. the program was installed by mfg (HP). I would think since i dont
see an icon, that i dont have excel. But i went to Microsoft website and had
them browse my laptop to find out what products are on the laptop and it says
under Desktop Applications, it list Excel 2002 ? i do need excel so how do i
access it ? is it on my laptop because microsoft browsed it and says so ?
thanks for your help.

dlw

Help, trying to find out if i have excel on my laptop

Click on that colorful round icon in the lower left hand corner of the screen
and see if it's listed under all programs.

"sma3inc" wrote:

i do not find an icon for excel on my laptop. i am running vista home
premium. the program was installed by mfg (HP). I would think since i dont
see an icon, that i dont have excel. But i went to Microsoft website and had
them browse my laptop to find out what products are on the laptop and it says
under Desktop Applications, it list Excel 2002 ? i do need excel so how do i
access it ? is it on my laptop because microsoft browsed it and says so ?
thanks for your help.

Bob I

Help, trying to find out if i have excel on my laptop

HP would not have installed Excel 2002 on a Vista based laptop. Perhaps
a Trial Version of Office 2007, but not Excel 2002.