-   -   Identify end of data in worksheet, prevent overshoot (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/24224-identify-end-data-worksheet-prevent-overshoot.html)

VPH

Identify end of data in worksheet, prevent overshoot

When scrolling down through many rows I often find that I way overshoot the
end of my data. Is there a way to identify a row as the last row of data so
that when using the mouse in the down scroll bar the cursor in the bar would
botttom out at the last row of data? OR some other way to prevent
overshooting?

Peo Sjoblom

Ctrl + End key should normally take you to the last cell

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"VPH" wrote:

When scrolling down through many rows I often find that I way overshoot the
end of my data. Is there a way to identify a row as the last row of data so
that when using the mouse in the down scroll bar the cursor in the bar would
botttom out at the last row of data? OR some other way to prevent
overshooting?

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Hit function key F5. Click SpecialLast cellOK

That will take you to what Excel thinks is the end of your data. The scroll
bars will adjust and work according to the "last cell".

You can reset the last cell and the scroll bars will also reset accordingly.

Have a look at this:

http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Biff