-   -   dynamic summation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/242108-dynamic-summation.html)

jase

dynamic summation

I have a range of cells that I am summing but that range sometimes change to
either "#value" which throws off my summation or i dont want to summ
duplicates. Basically I want to be able to control my range source as i could
with a graph range. Any ideas?

thanks,

Jase

Luke M

dynamic summation

Assuming your summing a column, could do something like
=SUM(INDIRECT("A"&B2&":A"&B3))

Where B2 and B3 are your control numbers determining the boundaries of your
range. You could have these cells linked to by a control form such as a
slider bar for even more dynamic capability.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jase" wrote:

I have a range of cells that I am summing but that range sometimes change to
either "#value" which throws off my summation or i dont want to summ
duplicates. Basically I want to be able to control my range source as i could
with a graph range. Any ideas?

thanks,

Jase

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

dynamic summation

This formula (its an array formula, so enter it with SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER) will
ignore all the errors like #VALUE!
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A6),A1:A6))

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jase" wrote in message
I have a range of cells that I am summing but that range sometimes change
either "#value" which throws off my summation or i dont want to summ
duplicates. Basically I want to be able to control my range source as i
could
with a graph range. Any ideas?

thanks,

Jase

Dave Peterson

dynamic summation

=sumif(a:a,"<1e37")

1E37 is just a giant number (1 followed by 37 0's)