-   -   How do I find out what items are in one list but not in another l. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2419-how-do-i-find-out-what-items-one-list-but-not-another-l.html)

Michelle Craig

How do I find out what items are in one list but not in another l.

How do I find out what items in one list are not the same items in another
list. For example, I have a list of people that need to be trained (list A),
and I have a list of people that have recieved the training (List B). I need
an easy way of finding who has not yet been trained from list A.

Niek Otten

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...gingDuplicates

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Michelle Craig" <Michelle wrote in message
How do I find out what items in one list are not the same items in another
list. For example, I have a list of people that need to be trained (list
A),
and I have a list of people that have recieved the training (List B). I
need
an easy way of finding who has not yet been trained from list A.

Jason Morin

With list A in col. A and list B in col. C, try this in
B1 and fill down:

=IF(COUNTIF(C:C,A1),"","Not Trained")

HTH
Jason