-   -   data error - cyclic redundancy check (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2418-data-error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html)

Scaper

data error - cyclic redundancy check

I get this message when I try to open a specific file from a floppy disk. I
can open other files from the same floppy but not this one particular file.
Any ideas?

......Mike.....

Frank Kabel

Hi
NEVER open an excel file directly froma floppy disc. Always copy the file
first to your harddisc. This is one of the main reasons for corrupt files
(as you seem to have created).

You may try (after copying the file to your HD) using OpenOffice
(www.openoffice.org) as this seems to be able to handle such files sometimes

--
Regards
Frank Kabel